About Melanie Little
I believe birth is a life changing experience, and that truly non-judgmental, empowering support can have a profound and positive impact throughout a family’s childbearing year.
Whether you know that you will choose an epidural, prefer minimal interventions, are planning a caesarean birth, or are taking the ‘wait and see’ approach, I believe that your baby’s birth is an irreplaceable life event worthy of dignity, sincerity, and JOY!
My journey began in May of 2011 with training through DONA International. 6 years and more than 200 births later I am still absolutely humbled by and enthralled with the incomparable time of life that is pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum transition.
Some of the training and experience I bring to Little Love Doula Calgary includes:
- Supported more than 200 families since 2011
- Certified DONA Birth Doula
- Lamaze trained Childbirth Educator
- Proud Calgary Doula Association Member
- Breastfeeding: Physiology and Support
- Breastfeeding for Doulas Certificate
- Hypnobabies Hypnodoula Training
- Rebozo Techniques for Childbirth
What You Can Expect From Me:
Positive, personalized, professional birth support. That is the phrase that I have attached to Little Love Doula Services, and those three attributes are what I inject into my practice every single day!
The world could use a little more positivity don’t you think?
- I am, by nature a positive, outgoing, and joyful person and have a hard time hiding that!
- I will remain approachable and open! I work hard to maintain highly professional standards in all aspects of my practice – but I am NOT a terribly formal person and am always happy to hear from you.
- I will not judge your choices, or use fear mongering to influence your decision making or to place mistrust in your medical team.
There is nothing more raw and humanizing than birth so please feel free to be your authentic selves!
- I will honour your unique family and invite your openness in language, home routines (older children and pets are always welcome!) and interactions!
- I understand that not every client will have needs that fit tidily into one of my packages and so you can expect the option of customizing your service package to better suit your needs as a family.
No, this doesn’t mean that I have a boardroom set up for our prenatal visits! It also doesn’t mean that my practice is rigid or cold.
- It DOES mean that I have integrated processes and procedures to ensure that lost invoices, confused schedules, and misplaced birth notes are not struggles for my clients. I maintain an organized back office that allows me to keep my focus where it should be – on YOU – not on trying to find someone’s receipt!
- You can expect prompt replies to emails, text messages, and phone calls between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm. If I am unable to reply in full due to attending a birth, I will make contact as soon as possible to let you know that I have received your message and will reply as soon as I am able.
- Professionalism at Little Love Doula Services also means confidentiality. I will NOT share identifying information with clients, on social media, or with my peers. I will NOT announce your birth on Facebook, nor will I share your photographs or birth story without your written consent!